Being unemployed is not like being on vacation. It’s more like being left on the beach after all of your money, sunscreen, and chapstick have run out, and the only thing you have left to do is sit with sand in your butt.
It can make you crazy.
In an effort to stay sane during my stint of unemployment, and hopefully still remain an attractive job candidate, I vow to do the following:
- Read at least one library-related article each day.
- Keep up with my blog feeds at least once a week.
- Write something every other day (an email, a blog post, a review, SOMETHING).
- Not check job postings compulsively (they only update once a week, and I have feeds for most of them).
- Start writing the articles I said I wanted to write when I still had a job, but was too busy to start then.
- Hug my dogs (because they’re cute).
- Hug The Professor (because he’s cute).
- Remind myself that a library job is worth the wait.
Between my self-imposed assignments, working every other weekend, and volunteering at my public library, I think I’ll be able to keep myself from etching LC call numbers into my coffee table in a fit of insanity.